Realms of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep
Tips and Recommendations
- Masks of Nyarlathotep is a very, very research intensive game. Be prepared to take notes!
- Like most classic Call of Cthulhu scenarios, you should also be prepared to handle lots of handouts. I’ll make sure to provide you with a file.
Recommended party composition
In the Realms of Cthulhu book, the following team make-up is recommended. Take some time reviewing these archetypes and see what role you play:
- The collector gathers physical clues and information. He generally focuses on Notice, Persuasion, Investigation, and Streetwise.
- The healer provides sanctity of mind, body, or both. He concentrates on Healing, Knowledge (Psychology), and associated Professional Edges.
- The perpetrator possesses a skill set that can be considered criminal: Climbing, Lockpicking, Stealth, and Streetwise.
- The scrapper focuses primarily on Fighting and Shooting, and must have the guts to be able to swing a fist or pull the trigger as the need arises.
- The thinker is an academic who concentrates on Knowledge and Investigation, and their associated Professional Edges.