Realms of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep
- Pulpy Damage: Players may spend bennies to attempt to soak physical damage.
- Pulpy Sanity: Players may spend bennies to attempt to rationalize mental damage.
While we are using the “Pulp” options for Sanity and Damage, we will not be using the Pulp Incapacitation Table. This means that characters can become seriously injured or even killed in combat. You have been warned. However, most cultists will be as tough (or as weak) as they are in core Savage Worlds, but when the big monsters make an appearance … discretion is the better part of valor …
- Fate is Unkind: players may not spend bennies to re-roll critical failures.
- Corrupting Power: gaining Knowledge (Mythos) is not the only way to gain Corruption. One may also gain Corruption points by committing irredeemable acts of evil: torture, wanton murder, rape, ritual sacrifice, etc. are all acts which will earn Corruption points. You Have Been Warned.
- Low Man Converts: the player character with the lowest total experience at the end of a session may convert leftover bennies to Experience Points (XP). Roll 1d6 for each benny; on a 5 or 6, it becomes one new XP.
If you have the Shooting Skill:
- any clip or magazine-fed weapon may be reloaded as a free action
- all Revolvers have Reload: 1 (takes 1 action to reload)
- any cap-and-ball or belt-fed weapons have Reload: 2
if you do not have the Shooting Skill:
- any clip or magazine-fed weapon has Reload: 1
- all Revolvers have Reload: 2
- any cap-and-ball or belt-fed weapons have Reload: 3
Shock, Fear, and Terror
- Shock: roughly equivalent to CoC 1d4 SAN loss or lower. When the source of the fear isn’t overtly supernatural, but either just weird or a nasty surprise. Use the Fear/Nausea rules from SW Core
- Fear: roughly equivalent to CoC 1d6 SAN loss. You are in mortal danger from the source of fear or the shock hits particularly close to home. Also used if the source is not a Mythos creature (like zombies). Use the Terror rules from SW Core.
- Terror: reserved exclusively for Mythos creatures, tomes, etc. Equivalent to the same in CoC. Use RoC’s Mental Anguish rules.